Code Folding Error when Nesting Comments

Code Folding Error when Nesting Comments

NewbieNewbie

Sep 28, 2011#1

Hello
    I'm using Open Edge wordfile.

/L1"OpenEdge 10.1B" NestBlockComments Nocase Escape Char = ~ Block Comment On = /* Block Comment Off = */ EnableMLS File Extensions = p i w cls $1$ h v f t

I have faced a problem with the code folding inside nested block comments. I' ll try to explain, sorry for my English.

this code below has 2 foldings starting in the 'do:' and ends in the 'end.'

Code: Select all

if ... then do:
       do:

end.
    end.
    The following code works well and the folding begins in the first block comment '/*' and end in the last one '*/'. Only one folding is displayed

/*
    if ... then do:
       do:

end.
    end.
    */
    If I insert a block comment in the middle of this from the block comment off forwards the normal code folding appears. In this example below the code folding start in the first '/*' ends in the first '*/' and then the folding appears again in the 'do:' and ends in the '*/'. But all this code is commented so it shouldn't.

/*
    if ... then do:
    /*
    */
       do:

end.
    end.
    */
    I don't know if I have something wrong in the wordfile so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 28, 2011#2

I can reproduce the same problem on a *.c file with nested block comments. So this is not a problem of the wordfile for Open Edge. It is a problem inside UltraEdit v17.20.0.1016.

Please report this issue to IDM support by email. I will do that also for a C file. Then the number of users reported this code folding problem on nested block comments is already 2 and therefore the priority for fixing this issue is also already 1 level higher.

NewbieNewbie

Jan 09, 2013#3

How can I tell if this issue has been corrected? (Short of downloading the latest UE version that is).

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 10, 2013#4

This issue is still not fixed in UE v18.20.0.1028. It looks like more users have to send a problem report regarding wrong code folding on nested block comments to IDM support by email to increase the priority for fixing this issue.