Start with all tabs (document windows) maximized (fixed)

Start with all tabs (document windows) maximized (fixed)

NewbieNewbie

Jan 04, 2012#1

Where do I change the setting that will force Ultraedit to open all tabs maximized? I had it set that way before, but after installing Ultraedit on a new computer I cannot find the setting to change the behavior.

I have "Always open editor maximized" checked, but this only forces the whole Ultraedit window to open maximized. I want the tabs to be maximized as well. Has this setting been removed? If not, were can I find it?

I have tried searching the forum, but haven't been able to find an answer to this question. Any help you can give me with this will be greatly appreciated.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 04, 2012#2

I use usually Not Dockable file tabs resulting in an always maximized document windows which can't be cascaded. This mode can be selected by right clicking on the tab of any opened file and left clicking in submenu File Tabs of the context menu on Dockable to uncheck it.

But you are right. There is a problem. As I have just found out with Dockable file tabs UltraEdit does not remember anymore if the document windows should be displayed in normal or maximized state by default according to state on last exit. This worked in UE v17.30.0.1002, but since UE v17.30.0.1011 default document window state is not correct set anymore according to window state on last exit.

I will report this issue to IDM support by email although I'm not using the dockable file tab mode. Please do the same. The more users report a problem, the higher is the priority for IDM to fix it.

Update: This bug was fixed with UE v17.30.0.1016 and UES v11.20.0.1010. Please update your UE v17.30.0.xxxx respectively UES v11.20.0.xxxxx.