UE 18.00: Backup/Restore seems to exclude templates

UE 18.00: Backup/Restore seems to exclude templates

NewbieNewbie

Mar 29, 2012#1

Hi,

I used Backup/Restore to transfer my settings to a new computer. I ticked Current in every section, as well as specific wordfiles, the project list and uedit32.ini. Everything seems to have transferred correctly, except my custom templates (which UE appears to have stored as vhdl93.tpl.xml on my old machine).

I copied this file to the application directory on the new machine (C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\IDMComp\UltraEdit), and verified that the Templates section in Advanced->Config->Directories points to that location. However, no VHDL templates appear.

I have found how to get UE to recognize the template file I copied: it needs to be in directory language under whatever the Template directory setting points to.

However, I still would like to know why Backup/Restore did not handle this automatically.

Thanks,
    Chris

Disclaimer: Yes, I have read the readme file (which contains nothing but a list of features and website information). I have also tried the UE help, the website FAQ and Forum Search before posting this question.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 30, 2012#2

Please report by email to IDM support that Backup/Restore User Customizations feature needs to be enhanced to support also templates subdirectory with all subdirectories and files as well as file uetmplte.tpl and perhaps also FTPData.ini. I'm quite sure nobody, whether the IDM developers nor the UE v18.00 beta testers, thought about the Backup/Restore User Customizations feature which needs to be enhanced for all the new files and directories introduced with UE v18.00.

Update: Backup/Restore User Customizations was enhanced in UE v18.10 and includes now also FTPData.ini and all smart template files.