Wordfile for QML (Qt6) ?

Wordfile for QML (Qt6) ?

NewbieNewbie

Jul 19, 2012#1

Developing for the upcoming BlackBery 10 platform using Momentics IDE, but find myself wanting to go back to my REAL editor, UEStudio. The only issue now is, - that I need a wordfile for QML.

Does anyone know if it already exist - or will I have to create from scratch myself?

MasterMaster

Jul 19, 2012#2

I would be happy to assist in developing the QML wordfile. I will see if I can find a listing of keywords, functions, whatever, somewhere. If you know where these listings are, it would help me greatly by pointing me to them. If they are in a help file that you have, then perhaps you can copy/paste them into a file, zip it, and upload as an attachment for me?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 19, 2012#3

A little hint how to get all symbols of a library collection quickly. Create a project in UE/UES. Add all *.h files of the library collection to the project. Configure Ctags for the project and execute Ctags. Ctags creates now a large text file containing all symbols including defines, functions, global variables, preprocessor macros, etc. Open the tag list file created by Ctags in UE/UES and filter the list with some regular expressions. With that method it is quickly possible to get a list of defined symbols, functions and preprocessor macros for a syntax highlighting wordfile.

NewbieNewbie

Jul 19, 2012#4

Here are some Qt classes: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/classes.html

and I found overview over QML elements... http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/qd ... ments.html

Code: Select all

Page {
          	Content: Container {
          	  Layout: DockLayout {
          	  }
          	}
          	layoutProperties:
          	background:
          }

MasterMaster

Jul 19, 2012#5

I had found those earlier, and more.

My main issue is that the complete list of functions is not a very clean list, and is going to take a bit of work to put it in proper order. Also, they included operators within the functions as if they are functions. At the very least, some of those operators are going to have to be cleaned up by hand, but I'll see what I can do.

Am I to understand that as QML is based on JavaScript, that it is also a superset of JavaScript, and that JavaScript keywords/functions should be included in the wordfile?

NewbieNewbie

Jul 19, 2012#6

rhapdog wrote:Am I to understand that as QML is based on JavaScript, that it is also a superset of JavaScript, and that JavaScript keywords/functions should be included in the wordfile?
              Hmm - yes and no - I think it is OK to say that you can integrate Javascript in QML.. but ... hmm
              yes - you should be able to use "all" standard Javascript directly inside QML,..

But - the UI structural commands with attributes are the important extensions... need to find a complete overview somewhere..

I will look around sometime this weekend and see what details I can find that could be of interest.

more...
              http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2009/05/13/qt-declarative-ui/

MasterMaster

Jul 19, 2012#7

Never dealt with Qt or QML before. Looks like Qt is C++ based and QML is JavaScript based?

I'll assume we need the JSCRIPT_LANG keyword on the language definition line of the wordfile here. I'm not sure what the function strings, indent strings, brace strings, etc will need to be, so I left everything just as it was in the JavaScript wordfile I started from. Including comment definitions in the language definition line (line 1).

I wasn't sure what the file extension should be, so assumed "qml" and put that as the extension. You can change that and other items as necessary.

I found a complete list of all the elements, classes, functions, modules, operators, etc. in several places, and it took some work, a bit by hand, to get it all in there.

I then added the JavaScript stuff in /C6, /C7, and /C8. /C1 - /C5 is for QML.

It took a bit of time to remove all the stuff JavaScript redeclared that was already declared in the QML sections, but I now have a wordfile ready that has no "errors", no invalid words, no duplicated words, and has been properly sorted by word group.

I'm attaching the wordfile for your review to see if you think it is ready.

The word groups (/C1 through /C8) should be good to go. Everything above /C1 will need to be looked at and verified.
                qml.zip (36.43 KiB)   274

NewbieNewbie

Jul 19, 2012#8

wow - that was quick!

it looks great! - Am out on the road until tomorrow, but will look at a few more complete QML files and see how it goes.

Your wordfile looks very complete, so I doubt there can be much missing

thanx a lot!