Exporting/importing toolbar configuration

Exporting/importing toolbar configuration

NewbieNewbie

Jul 07, 2013#1

I run UltraEdit and UltraCompare on a desktop and a laptop system (both Windows 7). I'd like to keep menu and especially my customized toolbar configurations synced between the two PCs. Is there a way to export these settings from one system to another?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 07, 2013#2

In UltraEdit you can use Advanced - Export Settings to export all configuration files to an empty folder on a removable media and import them into another UltraEdit with Advanced - Import Settings. You can use also Advanced - Backup/Restore User Customizations to get more control over what you want to export/import respectively copy to another computer.

UltraCompare has no such feature. But by copying and pasting into address bar of Windows Explorer %appdata%\IDMComp\UltraCompare and hitting key RETURN, you can open this usually hidden directory containing the configuration files of UltraCompare. Copy the files UCCmds32.cmf (toolbars) and UCMNCmdsW32.mcf (menu) and perhaps also ucomp32.kbd if present with the key mapping. Open on the other computer the same directory and copy into this directory the files.

NewbieNewbie

Jul 07, 2013#3

Yes, that did it. Thanks! :)