Forcing a fold within comments

Forcing a fold within comments

NewbieNewbie

Jun 14, 2005#1

Hello,

I've been tinkering with wordfile.txt to accomodate a forced fold that is already present in much of my code, but can't seem to get it working.

The fold marker is a triple brace such as:

Code: Select all

' {{{ header
    ' stuff
    ' more stuff
    ' }}}

' {{{ variables
    foo is x
    ' etc..
    ' }}}
    I've tried "{{{" and "}}}" in the open/close strings, but that doesn't seem to work when the block is in a comment.

Any ideas?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 05, 2006#2

Possible only with UltraEdit v12.00 and later with

Code: Select all

/Open Comment Fold Strings = "..."
      /Close Comment Fold Strings = "..."
      Note: Normal open/close fold strings must be also defined for that language to enable the code folding feature for that language at all. If you don't have useful open/close fold strings, define dummies.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 30, 2014#3

I'm evaluating UE. I've just spent a day trying to make Comment Code Folding work in my AVR .asm files. I learned lots about what I could do (some of which was quite useful), and what I couldn't do, and the one thing I couldn't do was make CCF work. Until just now, when I found an old post of yours:
        Mofi wrote:Note: Normal open/close fold strings must be also defined for that language to enable the code folding feature for that language at all.
        Brilliant. Thank you. But if you have any influence with IDM at all, **PLEASE** get that little tidbit included in the standard syntax highlighting documentation!

Regards, Roger

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 30, 2014#4

I have just sent an email to IDM support with the request to add a paragraph to syntax highlighting help page explaining that open/close fold strings must be also defined in the wordfile to get code folding in comments working. My influence on documentation and application is the same as of any other user. I'm not privileged above any other user.

Take also a look on code folding for assembly language... It could be useful for you, too.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria