How to scroll horizontally with the mouse?

How to scroll horizontally with the mouse?

NewbieNewbie

Jan 15, 2014#1

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a way to scroll horizontally, using the mouse, in a document where I'm not using word-wrap. I did a search in the UE help, also here in the forum, but could not find anything on the subject. What I would really like would be something like <Ctrl>+mouse wheel to scroll horizontally.

Thanks.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 15, 2014#2

Ctrl+mouse wheel is usually associated with zooming in/out or increasing/decreasing size of font in text editors like in UltraEdit.

There are mice which support horizontal scrolling by tilting the mouse wheel left or right. In Control Panel of Windows in Mouse setting on tab Wheel it can be customized how many lines are scrolled vertically by notch on rolling the mouse wheel and how many characters the line is scrolled on tilting the wheel left or right. As I do not have a mouse with a tilting wheel, I cannot validate if horizontal scrolling by mouse wheel works in UltraEdit, too.

UltraEdit itself has no special feature for emulating a horizontal scrolling by mouse wheel.

What already works is clicking with wheel - mouse pointer changes to a circle with four arrows indicating that moving now mouse results in scrolling the display in the appropriate direction - and clicking again with wheel to disable that navigation feature.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jan 15, 2014#3

Hi Mofi - I'd completely forgotten about clicking the mouse-wheel - that'll do it for me!

Gruß aus Bad Tölz, Bavaria