Cursor color with multi-line editing

Cursor color with multi-line editing

NewbieNewbie

Feb 20, 2014#1

Is there a separate setting for the color of the cursor when the new v21 feature of multi-line editing is used? The reason I ask is that I see on the video for v21 new features they're using a dark background with a white cursor, and when they edit multiple lines, multiple white cursors show, as they should. However, when I do the same thing (also with a dark background and normally white cursor), the multiple cursors I see are black. These multiple black cursors are very hard to see on the dark background I'm using, so I figured there must be a separate color setting. I've looked but don't even find the color setting for one cursor let alone multiple.

Here it is with a single (white) cursor on dark background:

And here it is with multiple (black, so they're hard to see) cursors:

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 21, 2014#2

The modeless manage themes dialog with preview of selected theme/color before applying and saving is really great for answering such questions. That had to be said.

There is no separate color setting for the caret or for multiple carets.

I selected the theme Midnight which is also a dark theme using black as background color. A single caret is blinking white and also multiple carets are blinking white.

Next I selected on tab Editor for Active Line blue as background color as you have done according to your screen shots in your theme. Now I could see that a single caret is white, but when setting multiple carets the color of all carets suddenly change to black.

It looks like some combinations of Active Line background color and Plain Text background color result in something strange within code of UltraEdit determining the color of the caret.

Therefore I can only suggest to report this display problem by email to IDM support using the email address you get on clicking on email us directly at top of this page. Add as attachments the two screen shots and your *.ue-theme file. The developers of IDM have to look into this display problem to find out what is going wrong on determining the color of the carets with this combination of the 2 background colors.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria