User to user discussion and support for UltraEdit, UEStudio, UltraCompare, and other IDM applications.

A place for users to discuss the Mac-based version of UltraEdit.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have problems to find the settings where I can let files open in the same window.
At the moment every time when I open a new file a new icon with that file is placed at the dock.
This sucks when I have to handle 20-30 files, but even with 5 files it is not comfortable.

Has anyone an idea how to handle this?
Thank's

Andrea
I'm not using UltraEdit for Mac, just UltraEdit for Windows.

In UE for Windows there is at top in menu Advanced the menu item Configuration. I think in UEX and UEM the menu is Tools and the menu item name is Preferences. There is in configuration dialog Application Layout - Miscellaneous the option Allow multiple instances and several other options which define if a file double clicked in Windows Explorer or any other file manager or opened from a command prompt window is opened in a new instance of UltraEdit or in already running instance.

Take a look if such an option exists also in UEM. But as far as I know it is default on Mac that a single instance of an application is used as also written at Opening multiple copies of UltraEdit for Mac.

But I think what you describe is not controlled by UEM, but by Dock application of Mac. Perhaps it would be a good idea to start with Mac Basics: The Dock holds your favorite apps, documents, and more in dig in the features and options of Dock application.
Best regards from Austria
2 posts Page 1 of 1