How do I increase the font size and define font of the Output Window?

How do I increase the font size and define font of the Output Window?

NewbieNewbie

Jun 20, 2005#1

I just started using UltraEdit and am thrilled with it ... one thing, though, the output window results show up in like font size 4 and are really hard to read with 1280x1024. Is there a way to increase the font size? None of the font options seems to do anything, and I can't find the option in the configuration menu. If I could just bump it up to 8 or 9, my love for UltraEdit would double, if not triple. Thanks for your help!

NewbieNewbie

Jun 20, 2005#2

In UltraEdit for Windows version 10.20d, which I am using, the output window text matches the size of the working windows. Go to View - Set Font menu item and you can pick the size.

NewbieNewbie

Apr 03, 2009#3

Is there a way to set the font in the output window for the released version 15.00?

It doesn't follow the font setting of the current editor window, and I don't see a menu item for setting it.

Apr 08, 2009#4

I asked this question to IDM Tech Support, and got the following answer:
          IDM Support wrote:Thank you for your message. You can adjust the font and font height by adding the following settings to your uedit32.ini file (normally in the directory %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit) under the [Settings] section:

Extra Windows Font=Tahoma
          This setting may be used to specify the font used for child windows within UltraEdit.

Extra Windows Font Height=-13
          This setting may be used to specify the font size used for child windows within UltraEdit. The font size must be specified using a negative number.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
          This solution works, however, it changes the font for all child windows -- including the Explorer tab of the File View. :cry:
          I requested to be able to change each child window's font independently.

Basic UserBasic User

May 14, 2009#5

I just got upgraded to v15.00 and can confirm the same problem. The solution of putting "Extra Windows Font Height=-13" into uedit32.ini (as mentioned above) does work, but it's not a complete solution because the other windows' font sizes are also changed, which I don't want.

In v14, the output window matched the font size of the editing window.

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 14, 2009#6

Yes, I also don't like the new behavior which is the reason why I sent yesterday an email to IDM requesting a configuration setting for using again the font of the edit windows or specifying the font and font size for the output window separately which I would set to the same font and font size as I use for the edit area.

I hope that many users request the same to increase the priority of being implemented soon in one of the next versions.
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

MasterMaster

May 14, 2009#7

I have sent a request for that today and got following response:
                IDM Support wrote:Thanks for your message and for the feedback. We appreciate it. You are correct, the new framework has a hardcoded font for the output window. I have seen a few requests to support a configurable font option for the output window. I have asked the developers to look at this for a future release.

Basic UserBasic User

May 14, 2009#8

I've also just requested this feature.

NewbieNewbie

Jun 01, 2009#9

Adding another "me too" to this request. I'd love to be able to specify a monospaced font, as I have a number of tools that output data in columns.

Sent the request and got an acknowledgment. Hopefully this ups the priority of the request.

Aug 19, 2009#10

Add my name to the list - I would like to change the output window FONT to a mono spaced font (e.g., Courier New, etc.).

Thanks, EigenFunctions

MasterMaster

May 18, 2010#11

We all need to send requests in to support by email to get this feature added. I still need this feature to be able to change not just the font, but more importantly the size! I've been sending results to the editor instead of the output window because I just can't handle the font. However, compiling, I gotta have that output window fixed. The font is just too small for my old eyes to read.
                        “Don’t document the problem, fix it.” – Atli Björgvin Oddsson

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 07, 2012#12

With UltraEdit v18.10 the font for the output window becomes customizable again. Just right click into the output window to open its context menu and left click on menu item Set Output Font.

NewbieNewbie

How do I change font in output window in UE v25.00 or UES v18.00 or later versions?

Apr 11, 2018#13

I have been using UltraEdit for many years now. I am using version 25.00.0.68. The latest upgrade seems to have changed the font in the output window. I have the font in the main window set to Calibri, but the font in the output window at the bottom where search results appear suddenly displays as a serif font.

I want to change it to the same font as my main window and also change the size, but cannot see where it is set. 

If I right click on the output window there is no option to change the font, as there used to be prior v25.00.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks 

Tog
                            There is a thin line between genius and insanity. I cross it often.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: How do I change font in output window in UE v25.00 or UES v18.00 or later versions?

Apr 11, 2018#14

For configuring the font and font size used in output window in UltraEdit for Windows v25.00 or UEStudio v18.00 or any later version do following:

On using ribbon mode click on ribbon tab Layout on second item from left side Themes to open Manage Themes dialog.

But on using toolbar/menu mode with contemporary menus open in menu Layout the submenu Themes and click on menu item Manage themes.

And on using toolbar/menu mode with traditional menus open in menu View the submenu Themes and click on menu item Manage themes.

In Manage Themes dialog window select tab Output which was introduced with UltraEdit for Windows v25.00 and UEStudio v18.00 and click on button Set font.
                              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Re: How do I change font in output window in UE v25.00 or UES v18.00 or later versions?

Apr 11, 2018#15

Brilliant! Thank you so much :-)
                                There is a thin line between genius and insanity. I cross it often.