printing very wide text files

printing very wide text files

NewbieNewbie

Jun 21, 2005#1

Is there a way for UE (v10.10a) to print files of data of an arbitrary width without wrapping the data, without truncating the data, and, hopefully allowing header rows to be repeated across the top of each new page?

This would be like Excel allows depth-first or breadth-first paging on print jobs.

Sure would be handy.

thanks,
    kurt

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 21, 2005#2

Wrapping can be turned off at page setup. At page setup you can also copy your header to the header field, so it is printed on every page.

But UE is not able to print the columns, which not fit to page simply on next page as Excel. But you can do this manually. Just enter column mode and first select the left columns which fit on a page, copy it to a new file and print this file with the appropriate header. Then select next columns, copy it and print it also with the appropriate header, and so on. It is not very comfortable, but a possible solution.

If you need this often, write a macro which rearranges the text for printing it easily.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jun 21, 2005#3

thanks, Mofi, for the workaround.

I also tried turning off wordwrap in page setup, however that led to the right hand edge "truncation" of the data, that is, I just got the left-most set of columns. I guess a macro is in order...

-kurt