UC 8.50 - How to save matching lines only?

UC 8.50 - How to save matching lines only?

NewbieNewbie

Jun 10, 2014#1

Gurus -
    I'm on UltraCompare 8.50 and I am able to match two sorted text files to show me a list of matching lines.
    One file is 7815 rows, the second file is 6167 rows, and the summary shows 3855 Line(s) match.
    Now how can I save this matching file?

Thanks for the tips,
    Dale Barnes.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: UC 8.50 How to save matching lines only?

Jun 11, 2014#2

Click on toolbar on icon with equal sign or in menu View on Just Matching to get only the matching lines displayed.

Click into one of the 2 files, press Ctrl+A to select all, press Ctrl+C to copy just the displayed and selected matching lines to clipboard, switch to UltraEdit or any other text editor, open a new file with Ctrl+N and press Ctrl+V to paste the copied matching lines.

Alternatively open in UltraCompare Options - Configuration, click on Backup and Save, select Display result for one frame only as output format, close configuration with button OK, and click in menu File on Save Result Report. The active file pane is saved now as displayed whereby it does not matter which file pane is active on displaying currently just the matching lines.

You might uncheck also Save result as Unicode on Backup and Save configuration dialog to get the matching lines saved into an ASCII/ANSI file instead of a Unicode file.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jun 11, 2014#3

Hey Mofi!
        Thanks for the tip. I didn't try that (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C) -- but it certainly makes sense.

Thanks and have a great day!
        Dale Barnes.