Scrollbar - Fitts's Law

Scrollbar - Fitts's Law

NewbieNewbie

Oct 14, 2014#1

Is there a way to have the vertical scrollbar respond from the screen's edge, when maximized (See Fitts's Law)? One should be able to "crash" the mouse against the screens edge for easy access. If you are not sure what I mean, try a program like Firefox whose scrollbar is accessible from the screen's edge.

Fitts's law - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts%27s_law

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 15, 2014#2

UltraEdit v21.30.0.1005 (current version) has no option to ignore in maximized state the Windows desktop theme settings and draw the application window in maximized state on screen without title bar and window frame.

UltraEdit has a full screen mode which results in getting a window with no title bar, but there is nevertheless a thin window border on left, right and bottom if there are no views opened or docked currently on any side. In this mode it would make sense to fulfill Fitt's law and remove also those borders which would result in getting vertical scroll bar on right screen edge and horizontal scrollbar immediatey above the Windows taskbar or bottom screen edge.

I suggest, you send a feature request email to IDM support regarding such an enhancement if you want to have a full screen mode with no window borders in a future version of UltraEdit with no views opened or docked.

As I'm navigating in files in UltraEdit with keys only, I'm not interested in this enhancement and will therefore not send a feature request to IDM by email. (Hm, when do I have used last time the vertical or horizontal scroll bars in UltraEdit? I really don't know.)
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Power UserPower User

Oct 20, 2014#3

I wouldn't want the scroll bars at the edges of the screen. My home monitor is 3840x2160. Before I bought that 40 inch monster I used three 23 inch monitors with the video card set so that the total area appeared to be one monitor at 5760x1080. The bump-against edges were the outside edges on that virtual monitor. Not useful for full screen mode.