Can't type into file with UEM v15.0.0.9 on OS X 10.9.4, loses focus (fixed)

Can't type into file with UEM v15.0.0.9 on OS X 10.9.4, loses focus (fixed)

Nov 18, 2014#1

After upgrading to 15.0.0.9 (OS X 10.9.4) I can't type, cursor loses focus after type on-two characters, sometimes I can type more chars, and then lose focus again.
    Has anyone met with this situation?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 18, 2014#2

I suggest to contact IDM support by email if this problem exists only with UEM and no other application and just with latest version of UEM.

I found the thread All windows lose focus after 3-5 seconds in Apple Support Communities forum. Perhaps some of the posts there help you to identify the problem. Or perhaps the hints are helpful users gave on How do I tell which app stole my focus in OS X? on Super User board.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Nov 26, 2014#3

I see the same problem too, also after upgrade to 15.0.0.9. OS X Yosemite. Application focus stays on UEM, can still use shortcuts to save for example, just not type anything.

NewbieNewbie

Dec 04, 2014#4

I upgraded to OS X Yosemite to see if the problem resolved, it did not. I'm currently on OS X 10.10.1

I tried various things, including the python script mentioned on apple forums https://discussions.apple.com/thread/54 ... 5&tstart=0, but focus never left UltraEdit.

I went back to a previous version of UltraEdit and there were no issues. I returned to 15.0.0.9 and experimented, found that by removing "Show auto-complete dialog automatically" I was able to solve the issue on my copy. Go to UltraEdit -> Editor, Auto-Complete, then clear the Auto-Complete. This seems to have resolved the issue, so this is actually a bug or compatibility issue with 15.0.0.9. I'll post back if the behavior returns.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 05, 2014#5

magudas, many thanks for taking the time to discover the source of the problem.

Please report this problem by email to IDM support to get it fixed by the IDM developers in a future version of UEM as soon as possible.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Dec 06, 2014#6

Download the latest 15.0.0.11 (Downloads button links to it) and the problem is fixed. It was a bug in autocomplete that caused it.