Highlighting code inside matching braces using Ctrl+B not working anymore (solved)

Highlighting code inside matching braces using Ctrl+B not working anymore (solved)

NewbieNewbie

Jan 07, 2015#1

Hi,

I'm using UltraEdit version 21.30.0.1016. According to "check for updates" this is the most current version with all the latest patches.

Until recently, whenever I used CTRL+B at an opening brace or bracket, all code inside the opening and the corresponding closing brace was highlighted and vice versa, just as described in power tip about Brace Matching under Match brace.

Right now (I can't say since which update), the highlighting part does not work anymore. Matching braces and brackets are still being highlighted, but not the code inside them. I have a copy of UltraEdit 11 installed on a different computer. There using CTRL+B still leads to a highlighted block of code inside the braces.

I also reset the configuration of said UltraEdit 21.xx to factory settings. Still the same behaviour, no matter what content of the text file.

Could this be a bug in the latest version? Unfortunately I don't have a copy of UltraEdit installed elsewhere without all the latest patches. So I can't really try a more recent version other than the veeeery old one I mentioned.

Cheers,
    Mac

Jan 07, 2015#2

Problem solved. Another tool was blocking the keyboard shortcut CTRL+B. When I exit this tool, the highlighting command works.

Mac