Can multiple sort types be assigned to more than one hotkey?

Can multiple sort types be assigned to more than one hotkey?

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 14, 2015#1

I use UE's Sort functions regularly, but I find myself often switching back and forth between sorting WITH removing duplicates, and WITHOUT removing duplicates.

I have a hotkey defined to sort using the current settings, but in order to switch, I have to open File > Sort > Advanced Sort/Options, check or uncheck the Remove duplicates checkbox, and then sort.

I suppose I could simply define a hotkey to open the Advanced Sort/Options dialog, select any options if needed and then sort, but it would be nice to have one hotkey combination to sort removing duplicates, and a second hotkey combination to sort without removing duplicates.

Thoughts?

Thanks for listening!

Jim Barr

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 14, 2015#2

The sort command with all options can be put into an UltraEdit macro/script.

So you could either
      • write the two scripts for the two sorts (with using View - Views/Lists - Tag List and tags from group UE/UES Script Commands) and
        add both scripts with Scripting - Scripts with appropriate hotkeys/chords for execution by key to the list of scripts
      or
      • create two macros each with (recorded) sort command (or command get from View - Views/Lists - Tag List from group UE/UES Macro Commands and copied/pasted into edit macro dialog) and
        store both macros with appropriate hotkeys/chords in a macro file which is configured for being automatically loaded on startup of UE with Macro - Set Auto Load.
      It is of course also possible to run a sort script/macro by double click from Macro List or Script List which can be opened if not already visible (docked with auto-hide, docked visible or floating) via View - Views/Lists. Scripts are also listed in menu Scripting. Macros from a loaded macro file can be also executed via Macro - Play Any/Multiple Times.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 14, 2015#3

Perfect!

I actually completely forgot about the Tag List. I had no idea there were so many variants.

Thank you!

Jim Barr