How can I make the application layout uniform across multiple instances?

How can I make the application layout uniform across multiple instances?

NewbieNewbie

Jun 17, 2015#1

I notice that UE seems to remember what panes I have open, as well as their sizing and docking, etc. across multiple instances. For example, if I open 2 instances of UE and close the File View pane on one and the Clipboard History pane on the other, and I exit UE completely then open 2 instances of UE again, the two instances will remember their previous states: the first without the File View pane, the second without the Clipboard History pane.

I often have upwards of 6 to 8 instances of UE running. If I decide to add a pane in one instance, is there a way to make all other instances (next time) have that pane too? Even better if there's a way to just have all instances of UE start with the first instance's layout.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 17, 2015#2

Navigate to Advanced - Configuration - Application Layout - Advanced and uncheck configuration setting Store windows/menu/toolbars placements and configurations for multiple instances of application to use 1 workspace for all instances. Then the last instance closed defines the workspace on next start of UltraEdit.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jul 08, 2015#3

Thanks!