Text wraps on screen but not when printed

Text wraps on screen but not when printed

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 15, 2015#1

I am having a serious problem when I try to print from UltraEdit 22.10.0.12 in Windows 7. I have word wrap set, and it works fine on the screen. However, when I try to print what's on the screen, the text doesn't wrap and long lines are cut off at the edge of the first line. For example, the following paragraph appears on my screen like this:

Mind you, I'm not one of the people who thinks all software should be free--not at all! But I'm much more comfortable paying at the start and then having the software forever, paying only for an occasional upgrade.

When I print this from UltraEdit, however, what is printed is a line that extends until "much more comfortable p". Everything in the paragraph after that (including the rest of the word "paying") is lost. I might also note that when I look at how the document will appear in Print Preview, the same problem occurs.

I am not sure when this problem started. I think it began sometime this year, perhaps within the last month or so, but I'm not sure. I have no idea why this is happening nor how to fix it. I'd be most grateful for some help.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 15, 2015#2

Open File - Print Setup/Configuration - Page Setup and enable option Wrap text when printing. This option is for wrapping text depending on paper size and margins. Wrap at window edge at Advanced - Configuration - Editor - Word Wrap/Tab Settings is only for text display on screen.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 15, 2015#3

MANY thanks, Mofi. You've once again come quickly to my rescue!

I wasn't sure where the problem lay, so after doing a search (which turned up nothing) and looking quickly at Editor Display to see whether perhaps that was the right section in which to post my question, I posted it in the General section. Thanks for moving it to Configuration/INI Settings. Your doing that had the added benefit of helping me see the top thread (about help in finding configuration settings). I've now downloaded the updated executable file. That should be a great help in the future. Thanks to dsunde for creating the file and to you for keeping it updated.