Using UEStudio integrated debugger with bare bones Microsoft C/C++ compiler possible?

Using UEStudio integrated debugger with bare bones Microsoft C/C++ compiler possible?

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 21, 2015#1

This question regards the use of UEStudio integrated debugger.

I am able to configured the integrated debugger to work correctly with WinDebug. However, to use the integrated debugger, I must also use the Microsoft C/C++ compiler as none other compilers work with the WinDebug as far as I know.

As such, I was wondering if there is a way to find a very bare bones version of the Microsoft C/C++ compiler to install without the need to also install Visual Studio Express Edition. I do not want to be forced into installing Visual Studio Express Edition. because I only want to install UEStudio. Installing Visual Studio Express Edition. defeats the purpose of using a powerful custom editor such as the UEStudio.

Can this be done? Has anyone find a very bare bones version of the Microsoft C/C++ compiler and only install the minimum compiler instead?

Another thing to note is the Microsoft Visual Studio Express Edition forces you to install everything which is not what I want to do. I only want the C++ compiler, not the whole suite of other Microsoft compilers.

Thanks.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 22, 2015#2

According to Win32 C/C++ compilers page the Microsoft Windows 7 SDK ISO image contains the Visual C/C++ compilers for usage without Visual Studio being installed. I have not verified if this is correct.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 22, 2015#3

Thank you :)