Overwrite instead of insert after switching to column mode with selection made before (fixed)

Overwrite instead of insert after switching to column mode with selection made before (fixed)

NewbieNewbie

Oct 17, 2015#1

How to reproduce:
    1. Type some text and turn off column mode.
    2. Put cursor on line 1, column 10.
    3. Select some text by holding shift and pressing down arrow.
    4. With the text selected, turn on column mode. This will display a zero-width column selected.
    5. Type some text.
    Expected behavior: since UE displays a zero-width column, it is expected that the text typed will be entered on all lines selected, starting at column 10. This is what happens on older versions of UE.

Actual behavior: when you type the text, the zero-width column selection becomes a selection from column 1 to column 10, and the text typed fills the entire selection.

MasterMaster

Oct 17, 2015#2

I can confirm this issue, however this is a user-to-user forum. Have you sent the e-mail to IDM about this problem yet?
      It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 18, 2015#3

I could reproduce this issue, too. Please report it by email to IDM support, see top of this page.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

MasterMaster

Oct 20, 2015#4

IDM is aware about this issue.
          It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.

NewbieNewbie

Nov 01, 2015#5

This issue is still present in version 22.20.0.36.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 29, 2015#6

This bug was fixed with UE v22.20.0.37.

I executed the steps also on older versions of UltraEdit and could find out that UE v22.0.0.66 was the first version with this wrong behavior after making a selection in normal text editing mode over multiple lines in same column and switching next to column mode before entering the text to insert at this column in selected lines. UE v22.0.0.58 and also the previous versions I used during my tests don't have this bug.
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Nov 29, 2015#7

Yes, I noticed the bug was fixed.

Thanks all for the support!