Exclude hidden files from sync on Linux/Mac

Exclude hidden files from sync on Linux/Mac

NewbieNewbie

Oct 28, 2015#1

Hello,

I am trying UC for Mac. I have 2 folders with many subfolders. I would like folder 1 to copy all the files missing in folder 2. Everything seems to work great but I would like to exclude from synchronizing (i.e. copying from left to right) all the hidden files (i.e. the files or directory starting with a . ). Is that possible with UC?

Thanks and regards,
    Mosi

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 28, 2015#2

I don't use UC for MAC, only UC for Windows. Therefore I can't reply with a verified answer for UCM.

In UC for Windows there is in menu Session the menu item Session Properties. The dialog opened by clicking on this menu item contains Ignore folder/file types. Entering there .* results on folder comparison ignoring all files and folders starting with a dot on clicking button OK and Run. This setting is for current folder comparison session only.

At Options - Configuration - Ignore Options - Folder/Folder Sync there is also Ignore folder/file types which defines the default ignore filter for folder compares and folder synchronizations.

Multiple file/folder patterns can be specified using a semicolon as separator between the patterns.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria