How many duplicate windows do you have opened?
Do you need more than 2 to work on more than 2 different positions in a file at the same time?
I would be really interested in what you are doing in UltraEdit as in more than 10 years nobody else had a requirement like you. Perhaps I can suggest a better method for your use case when I know more about this use case. Please describe what are you doing in what type of file to need jumping frequently between various editing positions in same file.
There are 6 file tabs bar layouts:
- Dockable with Single Line - scrollable
- Dockable with Single Line - drop down file list
- Dockable with MultiLine Tabs
- Not Dockable with Single Line - scrollable
- Not Dockable with Single Line - drop down file list
- Not Dockable with MultiLine Tabs
The single line layouts occupy always only space for a single line independent on how many file tabs are in use.