User to user discussion and support for UltraEdit, UEStudio, UltraCompare, and other IDM applications.

General and specific configuration/INI settings
4 posts Page 1 of 1
First of all: For longer than I care to remember I have been, and still am a very very happy and satisfied UE customer.

Having said that, there is one thing I really dislike about new version 22.20 (64bit but probably the same for 32bit).
The installer doesn't give us any choices anymore.
My main concern is with the fact that I can no longer choose the installation location.
If I upgrade a previously installed version to 22.20 64bit the new version is (correctly, and as I would expect) installed in the same directory where the old version was.

But if I do a clean install, I no longer have any options, so it gets installed in the default installation directory on C:
I hate that. I always install all programs to a separate partition.

Is there any way to have a clean install go to the location I want it to?
Perhaps some commandline switch? (tried /?, -?, /help, -help, but these did not, well uhm, help)

I know I can change the default install location for every application by changing "ProgramFilesDir" and "ProgramFilesDir (x86)" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion.
But previous experiments with this were less then satisfactory (all sorts of problems with already installed (windows-packaged) applications).
Hmm ... Doesn't work for you?

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (58.82 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (57.12 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
Oh my god! :(
I am stupid, blind, ignorant, ...

Sorry about this.
I always tell people to carefully read the dialogs during installation and not just click away.
And then I totally miss this. Several times!
I'm like a health guru, smoking cigarettes.

Again: sorry for wasting your time!
Don't mention it! :D
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
4 posts Page 1 of 1