How to select installation directory on installing UE v22.20 or later?

How to select installation directory on installing UE v22.20 or later?

NewbieNewbie

Dec 12, 2015#1

First of all: For longer than I care to remember I have been, and still am a very very happy and satisfied UE customer.

Having said that, there is one thing I really dislike about new version 22.20 (64bit but probably the same for 32bit).
    The installer doesn't give us any choices anymore.
    My main concern is with the fact that I can no longer choose the installation location.
    If I upgrade a previously installed version to 22.20 64bit the new version is (correctly, and as I would expect) installed in the same directory where the old version was.

But if I do a clean install, I no longer have any options, so it gets installed in the default installation directory on C:
    I hate that. I always install all programs to a separate partition.

Is there any way to have a clean install go to the location I want it to?
    Perhaps some commandline switch? (tried /?, -?, /help, -help, but these did not, well uhm, help)

I know I can change the default install location for every application by changing "ProgramFilesDir" and "ProgramFilesDir (x86)" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion.
    But previous experiments with this were less then satisfactory (all sorts of problems with already installed (windows-packaged) applications).

MasterMaster

Dec 12, 2015#2

Hmm ... Doesn't work for you?

Capture.PNG (58.82KiB)
      Capture1.PNG (57.12KiB)
      It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.

NewbieNewbie

Dec 12, 2015#3

Oh my god! :(
        I am stupid, blind, ignorant, ...

Sorry about this.
        I always tell people to carefully read the dialogs during installation and not just click away.
        And then I totally miss this. Several times!
        I'm like a health guru, smoking cigarettes.

Again: sorry for wasting your time!

MasterMaster

Dec 12, 2015#4

Don't mention it! :D
          It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.