Mouse wheel does not work in UE (solved)

Mouse wheel does not work in UE (solved)

NewbieNewbie

Dec 14, 2015#1

Hello,

since one day the mouse wheel stopped working in UltraEdit whether in document window nor in the document map.

All other applications work fine including UltraCompare.

I tried these things:
    • uninstall UltraEdit
    • install the currently latest UE version
    • update Logitech mouse drivers
    • restart Windows 7 SP1 x64
    Nothing worked.

Thanks in advance,
    Uwe

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 14, 2015#2

The only mouse wheel related setting of UltraEdit is Disable mouse wheel zoom at Advanced - Configuration - Editor Display - Miscellaneous.

I suppose the scrolling by mouse wheel was disabled for UltraEdit outside of UltraEdit. I don't know which applications are running on your computer to give you some hints found by searching in www.

BTW: Uninstalling and re-installing an application or driver does not change the user´s configuration settings of the application/driver because otherwise the users would lose always all configuration settings on update/upgrade with automatic uninstall or a manual uninstall before installing new version. No uninstaller deletes the configuration files and settings.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Dec 14, 2015#3

Hi,

I found out that KatMouse 7 stops the scrolling in UE.

I search for alternatives and found WizMouse, this utility works with UE.

Uwe

NewbieNewbie

Feb 04, 2016#4

uwe wrote:I found out that KatMouse 7 stops the scrolling in UE.

I search for alternatives and found WizMouse, this utility works with UE.
          Fascinating! I've been having issues where scrolling with the mouse wheel would require me to left click where I wanted to get back to editing. Now, this is the prior version of KatMouse 1.04(?). I've installed KatMouse 7, and I find that my problem with UE has now disappeared. Evidently, something in UE has changed, and it works. It's only been a year now. :) And I could have sworn the last time I installed Windows 7 fresh, I downloaded the latest KatMouse, which I know was way after KatMouse 7 was released.

I'll check out WizMouse myself. I really only use KatMouse so that I can scroll the windows I'm pointing at, without having to give them focus. Who knows, I haven't done much with UE since I installed it.