Perforce and UltraEdit

Perforce and UltraEdit

thop

Jul 15, 2005#1

Hi

We are using Perforce at work and I was wondering if it was possible to check out a file in perforce and open it directly when I'm opening a file in UE?

Basically I work with a project that has files all over the place, right now I have to hunt for them in perforce, check them out so that I can go and open it in UE. since UE has a great way to configure a project and has all the relevant files I need all together I'd love to be able to check out the perforce file directly in UE before I edit it.

Is there any way of doing this?

In Internet Explorer I can right click and I have a Perforce Option (that would be enough actually) but UE seems to take over the right mouse button so I loose that.

Any ideas would be appreciated

thanks

Goosh

NewbieNewbie

May 04, 2006#2

I also use Perforce, but I use the Windows Perforce client, and I set up UltraEdit to be the default editor within the Perforce client. I also set up my Perforce client to check out and edit on a double click.

So then I can find the file in Perforce, and double-click it to check out/edit all at once, and it opens up in UE. Pretty sweet.

Not sure what to do if you use the CLI Perforce client.