How to select syntax highlighting for file without file extension?

How to select syntax highlighting for file without file extension?

NewbieNewbie

May 15, 2016#1

I can't seem to find the location of where you can select which coding language to choose when you want the format of the current edited text. Example, use PHP format. It works fine with files with .php extensions, but I used to be able to do this to a non-saved file (it is not being saved anywhere) to quickly put together a new section of code and functions what I will then transfer to a real file when it looks right.

Not using the ribbon and there is apparently no chart to show where commands used to be to where they are now in UltraEdit for Windows v23.00. (Yes I asked via email to support.)

May 15, 2016#2

Coding tab, top selection, View as Language.
      Kevin

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 16, 2016#3

Kevin, if not using the basic status bar as it is configured by default, the status bar at bottom of the main UltraEdit window does not only indicate the currently used syntax highlighting, but offers also a list box item to choose a different syntax highlighting.

And it is possible to configure which syntax highlighting language should be used by default for new, unsaved files in settings/configuration, see Highlight new file as at Advanced - Settings/Configuration - Editor Display - Syntax Highlighting.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Advanced UserAdvanced User

May 16, 2016#4

Mofi wrote:the status bar at bottom of the main UltraEdit window does not only indicate the currently used syntax highlighting, but offers also a list box item to choose a different syntax highlighting
          Nice. I never noticed this.