FTP files in tree view

FTP files in tree view

NewbieNewbie

Jul 23, 2005#1

I do a lot of work with various ftp accounts so I need to be able to easily access the files on those accounts. Is there a way to have the ftp accounts work in the file tree view? Seeing the files listed there and being able to drag them to the editor window would greatly reduce my work load.

NewbieNewbie

Jul 30, 2005#2

Hi Jack
      This is exactly what I looking for from ultraedit. All the others optios are very good for me. But working with FTP without having a File Tree, we loose time making the FTP connection.

The only one Code editor (for win32) that have this functionallity is HTML-Kit, the FTP FIle Tree work very nice, is the powerfull tool of HTML-Kit, but this software is not currenty developed and have so many bugs.

Another software that have FTP File Tree is Rapid PHP, but don't have a persistent FTP connection, RapidPHP make connection every time you need to save the file, and this is not good, because some time the FTP connections take a lot of time.

I think UltraEdit is the powerful tool for source code editors, but with a very good FTP File Tree, can be the BEST ;-)

Thanks
      LeChuck

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Aug 01, 2005#3

Hi Jack & LeChuck

Send your good ideas off to [email protected]

If enough people request it, it will happen!

Good Luck

NewbieNewbie

Aug 04, 2005#4

thanks MrBillG, I has been sent the request to support, I post the reply
          Hello LeChuck,

Thanks for your message and your suggestion. I'm not sure what would
          be required to attain what you have suggested, but I will ask the
          developers to consider this for a future release.

Thanks, Troy

Aug 07, 2005#5

Hello, I find some temporal solution at this problem. Use this Virtual FTP drive . Work fine for me.

www.webdrive.com
            http://www.webdrive.com/index.php?pg=./ ... rive/index

LeChuck