There is no command which could be added to toolbar to run a specific macro in a currently loaded macro file.
An UltraEdit macro can be executed by
- opening Macro - Play Any/Multiple Times and running the selected macro with the options defined in the window,
- opening Macro List view and double clicking on a macro in the list,
- pressing the hotkey/chord assigned to the macro for quick execution by key.
The macro file containing 1 or more of the rarely used macros must be loaded before. The macros often needed should be stored in a macro file which is configured to be automatically loaded on startup of UltraEdit to have them by default available after starting UltraEdit.
For UltraEdit scripts there is also no command which could be added to toolbar to run a specific script. But it is possible to add scripts to the Script List
to run a script
- from menu/ribbon as scripts in script list are also listed in menu/ribbon.
- from Script List view and double clicking on a script in the list,
- pressing the hotkey/chord assigned to the script for quick execution by key.
The commands to toggle visibility of Script List
and Macro List
view can be added to toolbar. It is also possible to assign hotkeys/chords to those two commands to quickly toggle their visibility by key. And it is possible to have those two list always docked on a side with using auto-hide feature to get them by default displayed as small tab on docked side and opening only when mouse pointer is moved over the tab for double clicking next on a macro/script in the macro/script list next hiding again.