What controls font and font size of buttons and tab labels on Find and Replace window?

What controls font and font size of buttons and tab labels on Find and Replace window?

NewbieNewbie

Nov 16, 2016#1

I have a laptop with 4k screen with two attached 1920x1080 monitors. Nearly everything looks great except the text on the Find and Find & Replace dialog buttons. I find it odd that the application is functioning in a reasonable everywhere but on those forms. You can see in the image other forms look fine. I notice that the find form is non-modal. Are there any other non-modal forms I can check? Any suggestions?
    UE_Find.jpg (166.58KiB)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 17, 2016#2

First a hint for the future: The image format PNG is much better than JPEG for screenshots not capturing a displayed photo, i.e. capturing a graphic display. Every application supporting JPEG supports also PNG. PNG uses a lossless compression which means does not add pixel noise like JPEG and usually produces for screenshots smaller files than JPEG.

I tried to find out which setting controls the font and font size of the buttons and the tab labels on Find and Replace window which on all my computers look fine including the one using two monitors with each having a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels. So I can't really help on this issue.

I can only suggest to ask IDM support by email if no other user has an idea. I must add that I'm using normal DPI settings and have not tried what happens if I change the DPI settings because that would have required a log off/log on and changed everything.

I found out following additionally to the font and font size settings in Manage Themes dialog for the dockable views with exception of output window, customizable in context menu of Output Window of UltraEdit for Windows < 25.00 and UEStudio < 18.00, the manually to add settings for Open File Tabs and the menu font size:

Changing in Windows desktop/display settings the font and/or font size of Menu or Selected Items (no separate font setting) modifies in UltraEdit and UEStudio after a restart of UE/UES:
      • labels of ribbon tabs,
      • labels of ribbon groups,
      • labels of ribbon items,
      • status bar with exception of R/W, INS and COL fields,
      • labels of open file tabs if not overwritten with the manually to add settings in INI file of UE/UES,
      • popup menus and main menus in both toolbar/menu modes,
      • titles of dockable view windows.
      Changing in Windows desktop/display settings the font and/or font size of Message Box modifies in UltraEdit and UEStudio immediately:
      • list items (regular expression engine, encoding) in Find and Replace window.
      List items defined in dialog window resources like on configuration dialogs are not affected by a Message Box change. Each dialog resources has its own font and font size settings not controlled by Windows desktop/display settings (Windows standard).

Changing in Windows desktop/display settings the font and/or font size of Active Title Bar or Inactive Title Bar (no separate font setting) modifies in UltraEdit and UEStudio immediately:
      • title of main window of UE/UES.
      The layout of the main title bar is under full control of the operating system and its settings.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Nov 17, 2016#3

Thanks,

Got this response from support:
        Thank you for your message. I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We are aware of an issue like this, and it seems to be present when using a 4K screen and font scaling is set to 200%. Is that how your scaling is set? If so, we are working on this and I have added your contact details to our log on the subject. In the mean time, we recommend 150% scaling (which may require a computer restart to take affect) as a workaround.
        I am at 100% now, I'll repost when I hear again.