User to user discussion and support for UltraEdit, UEStudio, UltraCompare, and other IDM applications.

This forum is user-to-user based and not regularly monitored by IDM.
Please see technical support page on how to contact IDM.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I found the option to disable text parsing for Word / PDF documents (Compare > Text > Disable text parsing for Word / PDF).

But in the splash background, I found the possibility to compare PDFs and MS Word files furthermore.

And I CAN DO it furthermore. So this option has no effect.

Regards, Mario
The configuration settings Word / Rich Text documents and PDF documents of settings group Disable text parsing for at Home - Settings (ribbon mode) respectively Options - Configuration (toolbar/menu mode) being applied to new text comparison sessions work as expected by me within 32-bit UC Prof. 16.00.0.44 on my tests. The configuration settings have no effect on already opened text comparison sessions which is by design.
Best regards from Austria
Hi Mofi,

Thanks for the correct notation of the options. I've only the German 64-bit version and I don't know about the original English notation. In the attachment you'll find a screen shot. You see my options are unselected and I see on the splash screen the possibility of compare PDFs and MS Word files.

I think, this is a mistake.

Regards, Mario

Attachments

I have just reported this minor issue to IDM support by email and it was added as an enhancement request for a future version to the issues database. I agree with you that Doc and PDF fields/buttons should be made hidden on splash/start screen shown when no comparison session is opened at the moment and the appropriate options to disable text parsing for Word / Rich text and PDF documents are enabled in configuration.
Best regards from Austria
4 posts Page 1 of 1