Option Compare > Text > Disable text parsing for Word / PDF

Option Compare > Text > Disable text parsing for Word / PDF

Basic UserBasic User

Nov 24, 2016#1

I found the option to disable text parsing for Word / PDF documents (Compare > Text > Disable text parsing for Word / PDF).

But in the splash background, I found the possibility to compare PDFs and MS Word files furthermore.

And I CAN DO it furthermore. So this option has no effect.

Regards, Mario

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 24, 2016#2

The configuration settings Word / Rich Text documents and PDF documents of settings group Disable text parsing for at Home - Settings (ribbon mode) respectively Options - Configuration (toolbar/menu mode) being applied to new text comparison sessions work as expected by me within 32-bit UC Prof. 16.00.0.44 on my tests. The configuration settings have no effect on already opened text comparison sessions which is by design.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Nov 25, 2016#3

Hi Mofi,

Thanks for the correct notation of the options. I've only the German 64-bit version and I don't know about the original English notation. In the attachment you'll find a screenshot. You see my options are deselected and I see on the splash screen the possibility of compare PDFs and MS Word files.

I think, this is a mistake.

Regards, Mario
        UltraCompare Professional_2016-11-25_08-40-44.png (125.36KiB)
        Screenshot UC64 v16.0.0.44 Windows, German

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 28, 2016#4

I have just reported this minor issue to IDM support by email and it was added as an enhancement request for a future version to the issues database. I agree with you that Doc and PDF fields/buttons should be made hidden on splash/start screen shown when no comparison session is opened at the moment and the appropriate options to disable text parsing for Word / Rich text and PDF documents are enabled in configuration.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria