Connecting immediately after "FTP Open"

Connecting immediately after "FTP Open"

Basic UserBasic User

Dec 01, 2016#1

Hello,

is there a option to connect to the FTP server immediately & automatically after "File → FTP Open" instead of pressing enter?
    (it's only a step – but each step less makes my digital life better and better – step by step ;-))

2016-12-01_shot_004.png (35.58KiB)

Thanks mtemp

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 01, 2016#2

From changes.txt in program files folder of UltraEdit:

v18.00.0
      • Added support for automatically connecting to FTP account when opening FTP Open or Browse dialog
      Additional information about how to use this feature which was sent by email to beta testers of UE v18.00:
      IDM wrote:To enable automatically connecting to FTP accounts when opening the FTP Open or Browse dialogs, please go to Advanced - Configuration - FTP and determine which of these options is selected:
      1. Store FTP accounts and settings in user selected file
        In this case, the setting Auto Browse FTP=1 must be added under the [FTP Settings] section in the file specified in Configuration.
      2. Share FTP Accounts
        In this case, the setting Auto Browse FTP=1 must be added under the [FTP Settings] section in the file
        %APPDATA%\IDMComp\Common\FTP Accounts\IdmFTPAccounts.txt
      3. Standard (neither of the options above is selected)
        In this case, the setting Auto Browse FTP=1 must be added under the [FTP Settings] section in the file
        %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\FTPData.ini
      Also of interest could be the UltraEdit for Windows/UEStudio power tips:
      And for users of UEX there is the power tip:
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 12, 2017#3

Wonderful!

Only problem that I had: I edited %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\FTPData.ini within UE ;)

→ so I had to add the line »Auto Browse FTP=1« within notepad.exe