Is there a pane to view all projects in UltraEdit v24?

Is there a pane to view all projects in UltraEdit v24?

NewbieNewbie

Feb 13, 2017#1

I would like to have a pane in the file view (or somewhere), where I can view all the projects that I've created - possible projects I might want to load, so that I can easily switch between them with a single click. Would be nice if I could sort this by name and also by modification date to find the project of interest.

Does something like this already exist?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 13, 2017#2

UltraEdit/UEStudio records the recently opened projects/workspaces in INI file and lists them in menu Project (on using traditional menus). But the number of remembered recently opened projects/workspaces is not unlimited.

However, you can create with UltraEdit < 24.00 your own projects list by doing following steps:
      1. Open File Tree View or File View (UltraEdit) respectively Workspace Manager (UEStudio) if not already opened.
      2. Click on tab Lists.
      3. Enter in drop down list item at top for example Projects and click on button +.
      4. Make sure Projects is selected in the list below.
      5. Click on button ... and click on Add File.
      6. Browse to a *.prj file of an UltraEdit project/workspace and add it to Projects list.
      7. Redo step 5 and 6 until all your projects are added to the Projects list.
      add_projects_list.png (1.55KiB)
      Add a new list with name Projects in UltraEdit v22.20.0.49.

With UltraEdit ≥ 24.00 the projects list can be created by doing following steps:
      1. Open File View (UltraEdit) respectively Workspace Manager (UEStudio) if not already opened.
      2. Click on tab Lists.
      3. Right click into the view to open the context menu, left click on context menu item Add group and enter for example Projects.
      4. Right click on Projects and left click on context menu item Add file.
      5. Browse to a *.prj file of an UltraEdit project/workspace and add it to Projects list.
      6. Redo step 4 and 5 until all your projects are added to the Projects list.
      add_list_group.png (3.32KiB)
      Add a new list with name Projects in UltraEdit v24.00.0.42.

The projects can be opened now by double clicking on a project file entry in Projects list on tab Lists.

The list is always sorted by full name of each file or by file name only depending on state of context menu option Show names only.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Feb 13, 2017#3

I have the File View open with Project, Open, Explorer and Lists tabs.

I'm confused about #3. Enter in drop down list item at top for example Projects and click on button +.?

I don't see a 'drop down list item' at the top of the lists tab - and am unsure what you mean?

Here's what I see with v24:

I think what I need to see (copied from a page explaining projects) is this?

How do I change UltraEdit so that I can see this dropdown?

Thanks!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 13, 2017#4

I wrote my reply while using UE v22.20.0.49 on Windows XP. I updated my reply now using UE v24.00.0.42 on Windows 7. The items at top in UE ≤ 23.20 are context menu items in UE ≥ 24.00.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria