How to upload single file of "FTP Connected Folder" in a project with UE v24.00?

How to upload single file of "FTP Connected Folder" in a project with UE v24.00?

NewbieNewbie

Mar 03, 2017#1

I'm working with UE 24.00.0.49 on Windows 10. Usually I was able to upload/download/sync each file of a "FTP Connected Folder" in a project. This possibility seems to be gone now. All I can do is upload/download/sync a complete directory or subdirectory of a "FTP Connected Folder" of my project. Is it possible to reactivate the behavior of FTP uploading/syncing a single file of a project?

thanks
    jpp

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 18, 2017#2

There are several possibilities to upload/download/sync files between local folder and an FTP connected folder on using a project folder linked to an FTP location.

It is possible to
      • download all files from server directory by right clicking on directory and left clicking on Download from server with overwriting all local files even if 1 or more local files are newer than the files with same name on server;
      • download all newer files from server directory by right clicking on directory and left clicking on Download with sync which are on server newer than the local files with keeping local files being newer than on server;
      • upload all files to server directory by right clicking on directory and left clicking on Upload to server with overwriting all files on server even if 1 or more files on server are newer than the local files with same name;
      • upload all newer files to server directory by right clicking on directory and left clicking on Upload with sync which are newer in local directory than on server with keeping files on server being newer than in local directory;
      • download a single file from server directory by right clicking on file and left clicking on Download from server with overwriting this single local file even if the local file is newer than file with same name on server;
      • download a single newer file from server directory by right clicking on file and left clicking on Download with sync which is on server newer than local file with keeping the local file on being newer than on server;
      • upload a single file to server directory by right clicking on file and left clicking on Upload to server with overwriting this file on server even if the file on server is newer than local file with same name;
      • upload a single newer file to server directory by right clicking on file and left clicking on Upload with sync which is newer in local directory than on server with keeping the file on server on being newer than in local directory.
      What is confusing for everyone using the single file upload/download features via file context menu is the fact that UltraEdit v24.00.0.76 and former versions of 24.00.0.xx display the same warning as when right clicking on directory and left clicking on upload/download context menu items.

This is definitely not good. I have reported this issue to IDM support by email.

On using a context menu command of a file just this file is uploaded/downloaded despite the warning telling the user something different.

In the attached screenshot I first just uploaded a single file via context menu of the file although 2 local files were already newer than on server. Next I uploaded all files of local directory via context menu of the directory. Last I opened the context menu of a file and clicked on Download from server showing the confusing warning because not all files from server are downloaded, just the single file I clicked on.

project_file_transfers.png (32.01KiB)
      Screenshot of a single file and a whole directory upload with FTP Transfers tab in output window showing what was really done.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria