User to user discussion and support for UltraEdit, UEStudio, UltraCompare, and other IDM applications.

Two- and three-way folder compare and merge issues.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Where can I find this Find Duplicates item? I cannot find it under Files.

When I click Find duplicates on the ribbon UltraFinder opens. Is it like it is meant to be?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit
In Ribbon Mode (default since UC for Windows v16.00) the command Find duplicates is on ribbon tab Home in group Extras between the items FTP and UltraFinder.

In Toolbar/Menu Mode the menu File contains the menu item Find Duplicates and the Main toolbar has it as second item.

Most UltraCompare power tips were written before release of UC v16.00 introducing ribbon mode and make it the default GUI mode. Therefore on reading power tips it is better to switch to toolbar/menu mode by right clicking on ribbon and left clicking in opened context menu on item Toolbar/Menu Mode. Switch back to ribbon mode can be done by right clicking on menu bar or a toolbar and left clicking in opened context menu on Ribbon Mode.

The toolbar/menu mode is my preferred mode as all commands are more easily to access than in ribbon mode and the main menu and toolbars occupy less vertical space than the ribbon.

PS: I don't have installed UltraFinder. So I don't know if UltraCompare starts automatically UltraFinder when it detects that UF is also installed.
Best regards from Austria
Mofi wrote: In Ribbon Mode (default since UC for Windows v16.00) the command Find duplicates is on ribbon tab Home in group Extras between the items FTP and UltraFinder.

In Toolbar/Menu Mode the menu File contains the menu item Find Duplicates and the Main toolbar has it as second item.

Found it, many thanks.

Mofi wrote: Most UltraCompare power tips were written before release of UC v16.00 introducing ribbon mode and making it the default GUI mode. Therefore on reading power tips it is better to switch to toolbar/menu mode by right clicking on ribbon and left clicking in opened context menu on item Toolbar/Menu Mode. Switch back to ribbon mode can be done by right clicking on menu bar or a toolbar and left clicking in opened context menu on Ribbon Mode.

Yes, I couldn't find a needful manual or something like that. Is there one?

Mofi wrote: The toolbar/menu mode is my preferred mode as all commands are more easily to access than in ribbon mode and the main menu and toolbars occupy less vertical space than the ribbon.

Yes, indeed, the ribbon view is a bit inconvenient to use, you have to change the tabs all the time.

Mofi wrote: PS: I don't have installed UltraFinder. So I don't know if UltraCompare starts automatically UltraFinder when it detects that UF is also installed.

Yes, it obviously had found UF automatically and opens it now. Is there opened anything else when UF is not installed?

Many thanks
Windows 10 Home, 64bit
3 posts Page 1 of 1