Which version of UltraEdit version 24 do you use exactly?
Open Hilfe - Info
(English: Help - About
), select the version string and copy it with Ctrl+C to clipboard.
I'm asking that because of UltraEdit hotfix information
page contains currently the following information for version 126.96.36.199:
- Fixed menu painting issue on Windows 7 with Classic theme enabled
And using 32-bit UltraEdit v188.8.131.52 on 64-bit Windows 7 SP1 with Windows Classic desktop theme, and additionally having the color fading in active and inactive title bar disabled with giving second color of the bars the same color as the first color, and selecting in UltraEdit the Classic
theme (VS 2005 look), the icons are drawn as stored in the resources of UltraEdit. So I can't reproduce this issue with my Windows 7 computer using currently latest version of UltraEdit and using standard DPI settings (100% which is 96 DPI) and using the toolbars with small icons.
You might click with secondary (right) mouse button on a toolbar and left click on context menu on Große Symbole
(English: Large buttons
). And you might enable some or even all additional toolbars predefined by IDM Computer Solutions, but disabled by default using Anpassen
), selecting tab Symbolleisten
) and check the check boxes of the additional toolbars.
What most likely not many UltraCompare/UltraEdit/UEStudio users know is that Microsoft defined several looks in their ribbon framework. The UC/UE/UES Classic
theme uses the look ID_VIEW_APPLOOK_VS_2005
. But I prefer the look ID_VIEW_APPLOOK_WIN_2000
. Look on the image below to see the difference with VS_2005
look at top and WIN_2000
look at bottom.
To use the Classic
theme with a different look than ID_VIEW_APPLOOK_VS_2005
do the following:
- Open with using traditional menus View - Themes - Manage themes (German: Ansicht - Themen - Themen verwalten)
- Select theme Classic if not already selected at top of the dialog window.
- Click on + symbol right of theme list and click on first menu item Add new theme (German: Neues Thema hinzufügen which is definitely not good translated, I have to report that).
- Enter the name for the new theme based on Classic theme, for example: ClassicWin2000.
- Click on button OK and back in previous window again on button OK.
- In UE/UES press Ctrl+O and enter as file name %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\themes\ClassicWin2000.ue-theme and open this file.
UEStudio users must replace in path UltraEdit by UEStudio.
UltraCompare users must replace in path UltraEdit by UltraCompare.
Note: Theme files can be also stored anywhere else depending on storage location of INI file. This is just the default location.
- In fourth line replace VS_2005 by WIN_2000, save and close the theme file.
- Restart UltraCompare or UltraEdit or UEStudio.
Other theme looks as defined by Microsoft and found in uc.exe