XML Manager: Search in list on top

XML Manager: Search in list on top

Power UserPower User

Aug 08, 2017#1

The help tells me that the list on top of XML Manager is a search function: type a name - press Enter - it jumps to the first node with the defined name.

On my UE nothing happens: no search, no message, no saved data to the list ...

Bug or feature?
    UE 26.20.0.74 German / Win 10 x 64 Pro

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 09, 2017#2

Help of 32-bit English UE v24.10.0.35 contains the following paragraph about the search box at top of XML manager view:
      English UE help wrote:The combobox at the top of the XML Manager may be used to navigate quickly within the document tree of the active XML document. Typing an element or attribute name and then pressing RETURN will position the document tree accordingly and select the first matching node.
      The search feature works for elements, but it does not work for attributes.

Entering the name of an element in combobox and hitting key RETURN selects the first or next element with that name in XML node tree. But XML is case-sensitive and therefore the entered element name is searched also case-sensitive.

Entering the name of an attribute in combobox and hitting key RETURN does not result in selecting the first or next attribute with that name in XML node tree. I have to find out with former versions of UltraEdit if searching for attributes was ever supported or the help is not correct.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Power UserPower User

Aug 09, 2017#3

Mofi wrote:...The search feature works for elements, but it does not work for attributes....
        Yes, confirmed. My issue reported above was my fault - I mixed up the "name of Element" with Attribute "name=" ..

But, nevertheless:
        - Search seem to add wildcards by default: "Template" finds also "Templates"
        - The data inside the XML-Manager stick to the first file which was read ("einlesen"). When I open more than one XML and change the active file, XML-Manager does not change and rereads always the first read file.
        - Just for fun I clicked "Format document" (739 kb; 13.300 lines) - and crashed immediately ...
        UE 26.20.0.74 German / Win 10 x 64 Pro