How to restore document/file window/view after splitting horizontally into two panes?

How to restore document/file window/view after splitting horizontally into two panes?

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 30, 2017#1

I accidentally split the screen (not sure what I accidentally clicked on) and it now shows 2 views of the same file. How to I restore is such that the file is displayed in a single view? I read a post that says to drag the file back to where the original file was split. I've tried that and could not get it to work. I've attached a screenshot. Might help explain what I'm talking about...not sure of the correct terminology.
    UE split screen example cant make it go away.PNG (143.81KiB)

MasterMaster

Aug 31, 2017#2

Drag upper border of second window to upper or to lower edge of screen or Window->Split window horizontally
      It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 31, 2017#3

You executed Split Window Horizontally from menu Window.

Splitting a document window horizontally to be able to view/edit on two different positions in same file can be also done with mouse by clicking with primary (left) mouse button on small rectangle box above the vertical scroll bar, hold the mouse button, drag down the mouse with the dotted line and leave the mouse button, see attached image SplitWindowHorizontallyBegin.png.

To end the split window mode click with primary (left) mouse button on window border area above the ruler, hold the mouse button, drag up the mouse with the dotted line to top of the split document window and leave the mouse button, see attached image SplitWindowHorizontallyEnd.png.

It is also possible to end the document window split by saving and closing the file and re-open it.

This feature is a common feature which many Windows application support. The same feature have also Microsoft Word or Adobe Reader and is quite often very useful, especially on source code writing which is the reason why I'm explaining it in detail here.
        SplitWindowHorizontallyBegin.png (25.08KiB)
        Two screenshots showing how to split a document window horizontally into two window panes.
        SplitWindowHorizontallyEnd.png (23.02KiB)
        Two screenshots showing how to join two document window panes back to a single document window.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria