User to user discussion and support for UltraEdit, UEStudio, UltraCompare, and other IDM applications.

Project, workspace, and file management issues
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Over time, days, months, openings and closures of projects, files are added or deleted definitively, others are temporary.
This means that after a certain time, the file list of a project is totally incoherent.

It would be a good thing to have, in "Project settings" two or more options like:
- Remove all links from files that no longer exist
- Keep only the links on open files

Thanks
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation. Ghandi
I do not really know what you wrote about. You have asked once already How to clean a project? You have not replied on my reply.

There is the button Clear history at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Toolbars / Menus - Miscellaneous which clears (nearly) all histories stored in INI files. Closing a project and all opened files, opening configuration, navigating to this button and pressing it, exiting configuration with Cancel and exiting UltraEdit results in having (nearly) all histories removed from INI file. But everything stored in a project file (*.prj) and a workspace file (*.pui) are not cleared by using button Clear history.

However, a "project cleaner" extension could be added by any user of UE/UES. The user just have to open a project file and it's workspace file as text files and run a tailor made project cleaner script.

But I don't have any idea what you mean with:

Otomatic wrote: - Remove all links from files that no longer exist
- Keep only the links on open files

A project file of an opened project can be opened for direct editing by opening File View (UltraEdit) or Workspace Manager (UEStudio), select tab Project, click with secondary (right) mouse button at top on project name and click with primary (left) mouse button in context menu on Edit Project File.
Best regards from Austria
2 posts Page 1 of 1