Excluding directories in workspace

Excluding directories in workspace

NewbieNewbie

Aug 25, 2005#1

I have a project that is under subversion control, and similar to cvs in every directory there is a subdirectory called .svn

I would like to be able to open my workspace without working around these directories, similarly I would like to be able to do searches within my project without ultraedit searching these directories...

If anyone could be of assistance I would appreciate it.

NewbieNewbie

Jun 15, 2006#2

I am also interested in this. Would that there were a file filter that you could attach to directories in your project ala what is available in WinMerge.

Not too impressed with the project functionality in Ultraedit (11.10). Wish it were a lot beefier!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 15, 2006#3

Since v12.10 of UE and v5.50 of UES directories like your .svn can be specified to be excluded from find in files and replace in files. You can also simply set to ignore directories with the hidden attribute.

For your projects create an include filter which excludes the files you don't want or work with project groups instead of project folders. You can also disable the include subdirectories features and add the subdirectories you want to the project. If you have dozens/hundreds of subdirectories, add it by direct editing the project file. Even hundreds of subdirectories can be added within 5 minutes if you are experienced with UltraEdit and all it's features.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria