How to turn off tooltips in output window?

How to turn off tooltips in output window?

NewbieNewbie

Aug 20, 2007#1

I had a problem with tool tips in the output window. The tips make it nearly impossible to work through an error list or visit instances in a search of multiple files. The tips keep popping up when I try to double click the search results.

It is currently NOT an option to turn off tool tips in the output window. Advice I got from tech support is to edit the uestudio.ini file. Following is a procedure that worked for me.
    1. Locate the INI file. Mine was in directory %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UEStudio, but this varies with installation. UEStudio will tell you where exactly. From the menu bar, select Advanced >> Configuration >> Application Layout >> Advanced to see the INI path name.
    2. Close UEStudio. You cannot edit the INI file from within UEStudio because it saves its CURRENT setup when you close the program. Use another editor to open the INI. Search for this line.

TooltipsInOutWindow=1

Change the 1 to a 0. Save and close the file.
    Next time you open UEStudio, it should not be putting those nasty pop-up and flyovers in your output window.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 20, 2007#2

jsharp wrote:It is currently NOT an option to turn off tool tips in the output window.
      That is not correct anymore. Since UEStudio v6.00 (and UltraEdit v12.20) the setting TooltipsInOutWindow can be modified directly from within UES/UE. Just click in the output window on the right mouse button to open the context menu of the output window and click on Show Tool tips to change its boolean value.

The setting itself is available since UES v5.50a and UE v12.10a (specified with the method described by jsharp).

The file changes_ues.txt of UES and file changes.txt of UE in program files folder of UES/UE contain following lines:
      • New Settings for Output Window (via right-click context menu):
        • Use spaces instead of Tabs
        • Show Tool tips
      And Show Tool tips is also explained in the help of UEStudio/UltraEdit on the page about the Output Window.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria