initial command for SFTP - SSH2

initial command for SFTP - SSH2

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 17, 2005#1

I use UE many times to also change config files on my root server and thatfor open files via SFTP - SSH2 as root (using putty keys) many times.

Due to my efforts to secure the server as much as possible, I would like to disable root login via SSH but then I lock myself out to open those files with UE (e.g. no permissions for any user except root to /etc/ssh/sshd_config etc...).

A workarround would be to send an initial command like "sudo su" right after connection but before any LIST, RETR or other command. This works fine with e.g. WinSCP3 but I cannot find any setting possibility for this in the SFTP windows from UE (and I really dont want to miss this wonderful feature from UE anymore).

Does anyone know some workarround that works with UE as well? Or might this even be an item for the "wish-list"?

Greetings FoTo50

NewbieNewbie

Feb 18, 2006#2

I know this is a late reply, but:

What you need to do is restrict your ssh server. For example use

ListenAddress 192.168.0.10

to only let sshd listen for incoming connections on your LAN.

# man sshd_config

for documentation

Basic UserBasic User

Feb 19, 2006#3

Hi deadprez

This works only when the server is in your LAN, but I'm talking about a server outside.

It is also not always possible to use a static IP, so the "ListenAddress" wont help in that case.

FoTo50

Aug 10, 2006#4

I would be very interested in the ability to do the same as our systems require SCSU to root prior to making changes to the remote file system.