Captured Output Not Scrolling In 11.20

Captured Output Not Scrolling In 11.20

NewbieNewbie

Nov 10, 2005#1

I just installed the new version of Ultraedit (11.20+4) and now the capture box no longer scrolls to the botton of the output. Is there a new hidden setting somewhere as the help files says it does it automaticaly?

NewbieNewbie

Nov 25, 2005#2

I have the same problem since v11.20. The Output Window won't scroll down automatically as stated in the help :

"When lines are added to the Output Window from a tool (not Find in Files) the list is scrolled down automatically enabling the user to see the end of the results without having to scroll."

I've searched for a new option that may control this feature, but found none. I'm wondering why nearly no one has reported this problem.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 28, 2005#3

Have you noticed that there is the option "Scroll Output" if you click with secondary mouse button (right mouse button) into the output window?

This option is stored in the ini-file uedit32.ini as follows:

[Settings]
        Scroll Output Window=0
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Dec 02, 2005#4

Regardless of the status of this check box it will not scroll the output

Chris

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 04, 2005#5

Of course, I don't have tested the scroll output function of v11.20a because I don't want it. I want to see always the first line as I guess most other users, too.

But I now have run a test with a call to tool "dir.bat" which contains only the command "dir" and you are right, the output window does not scroll independent which settings are used. The scroll output function works perfectly with v10.10c. I think, this is a bug of UltraEdit introduced with v11.20. I don't have anymore any other v11.xx before v11.20a. So I can't test it.

Write a bug report by email to IDM support.

Is there any other user with a version 11.xx before 11.20 which could test the scroll output function with a simple dir tool?
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Dec 08, 2005#6

The person sitting next to me has 11.10a+1 installed and the scrolling function works correctly

Chris