Tcl shell window within UltraEdit

Tcl shell window within UltraEdit

NewbieNewbie

Nov 23, 2005#1

I have just downloaded and am trying to learn UE. I code mainly with scripting languages such as PHP, Tcl/tk, and Perl. I was wondering if it is possible to create a Tcl shell within the Output window so that I can try out code before inserting into my scripts.

I have been able to pop up a Tcl shell in a seperate window, but it would be a tremendous time and desktop space saver to be able to have it in the Output window docked within the editor with the Tcl shell prompt.

Can anyone help???

Thanks in advance

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 27, 2006#2

The output window is only for displaying captured outputs from Find In Files, Replace In Files or user tool executions. It's not a shell window.

But you can arrange the UltraEdit window and the Tcl shell prompt window according to your needs. For DOS windows click on the icon in the upper left corner, select properties from the popup menu and specify the settings you want for this DOS window including size and position and deselect the Let system position window check box. Windows will store the settings in the registry (Windows NT, 2K, XP) or in a PIF file (Windows 9x).
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria