line counting, abbreviations and syntax coloring

line counting, abbreviations and syntax coloring

juju

Dec 11, 2005#1

I've been trying UEStudio as I was looking for a new editor and so far UEStudio is very convincing. There are some things though, I couldn't find.

Is there a way to use the word couting function on a whole project or all open files maybe?
    Another thing I was wondering if UEStudio supports abbreviations (like in jEdit or slickedit)? If you don't know what I mean I mean something that gives you the possibility to type "br<expansion key>" to get BufferedReader in Java or that automatically adds the condition and body of a while statement when i type "while" or that automatically adds an closing html tag... i think you get the picture. Is there a way to emulate that behaviour?
    Finally I was looking for a central place where I could set a basic coloring scheme for all programming languages... they all have things in common afterall. Is there a way to do that?

Any help is very appreciated, thanks.

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 27, 2006#2

juju wrote:Is there a way to use the word couting function on a whole project or all open files maybe?
      No, you can only copy the content of all files together into 1 file. This can be done with a macro or by simply using the DOS command copy *.* BigFileWithAllContents.txt. Enter copy /? to get the help of the copy command.
      juju wrote:Another thing I was wondering if UEStudio supports abbreviations (like in jEdit or slickedit)? ... Is there a way to emulate that behaviour?
      I think, you should read in help of UES about "Auto Complete" and "Auto Completion".
      juju wrote:Finally I was looking for a central place where I could set a basic coloring scheme for all programming languages... they all have things in common afterall. Is there a way to do that?
      No, you have to set the colors for all languages. For fast copying the color settings to all 20 languages open uestudio.ini and copy whole [Language x Colors] section. See help of UES about "INI File Selection and Advanced Settings" where uestudio.ini (uedit32.ini for UltraEdit) can be stored.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria