Bookmark remote / FTP folders !!

Bookmark remote / FTP folders !!

NewbieNewbie

Jan 25, 2006#1

hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to bookmark remote folders on the Open from FTP dialog ? If there is no such thing, any plans to have this in the future releases !!

Thank you,
    VASU. :D

MasterMaster

Jan 25, 2006#2

I'd appreciate such a feature too.

Meanwhile, I use a perl-script that just prints the absolute filename (with complete path) in Unix. I then copy an paste it into the FTP-open dialog.
      (I am a lazy man).
      Another workaround was a freeware key-tool like autohotkey or shortcut (http://www.typer.de).
      there i press e.g. #d (shortcut for dir) and then a self-made "shortcut-combobox" opens and I can select a directory.

rds Bego
      Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Jan 25, 2006#3

Hi VASU & Bego

My work around was to setup different Accounts.
        They are all on the same server but point to different folders and in one case to a different filing system on the same box.

Why this works well for me is I can pick which Account: from the open FTP window.

And bookmarks would be nice.

Basic UserBasic User

Jan 26, 2006#4

I stumbled upon this only yesterday:

When you already have a file open that was loaded via FTP and the OUTPUT-window contains a filename on that FTP server, you can simply double-click the file and it is opened - via FTP.

I'm not sure if this only works by accident or is a real feature.

It definitely works with files stored on OpenVMS-systems. The filename, however, may not contain directory-portions, e.g. a VMS-spec like proj_root:[src]filename.c is not correctly recognized. Luckily this can be overcome by use of VMS-logical names (e.g. proj_src:filename.c)

I did not test this on, say, a Linux-box. But it's worth a try.
          You could generate a user-tool that simply types the contents of a text-file, containing your favorite files. Have it's ouptut captured and sent to the output-window.

NewbieNewbie

Jan 27, 2006#5

Thanks guys !! :D

All the work-arounds sounds good. I like the multiple-accounts a lot.

But any idea if this feature will be added in upcoming release of Ultraedit ?

--VASU.