remote compilation

remote compilation

gloochie

Feb 13, 2006#1

Do you know if it is possible to compile via telnet / rlogin?
    I have a [very non-standard] Solaris makefile system on a remote machine.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 23, 2006#2

With v12.20 of UltraEdit there is now Telnet support. Check if you can use it for your remote compilation.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 24, 2006#3

Gloochie,

See if GNU Screen (or one of its derivatives) is available for your solaris environment. It is very helpful for remote work because you can attach/detach/re-attach to an existing login when remote compile take a long time.

Oct 25, 2006#4

I have always wondered if it would ever be possible to do remote compilation with UE. I do all my development using UE on Windows connected to a Linux machine over SSH. Unfortunately, many of the nice features of UE don't work over SSH. For example, it would be amazing to be able to build/search ctags remotely!

Thanks,
          Adam

MasterMaster

Oct 26, 2006#5

Hi Adam,

I agree 100%. Pls write a feature request to IDM too, since the more people desire a feature, the more likely it is implemented.
            As long as there is no Unix version (well, my personal opinion: there will never be one), a CTAG option on ftp'ed files would be my biggest request.
            I hate that assembler-like VI (we live in the 21st century, don't we?) and that f????? Emacs b???sh??, but the "drill through" option on TAGS is the showstopper for UE here :-(
            Let's wait and pray.
            (Hope I did not tread on so.'s toes too much ;-)

rds Bego
            Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit

NewbieNewbie

May 09, 2008#6

has this feature been implemented yet? Ctags over ftp or over ssh?

I'm considering buying UE but only if this feature is present.

Thanks,
              JC

NewbieNewbie

Aug 14, 2008#7

being able to compile remotely would be huge. Count me in on this request

Jam

NewbieNewbie

Apr 22, 2012#8

I've also been asking for remote compilation and script support for telnet for years. It is a great pity that IDM have ignored the section of the developer community that compile on a remote system. I have now started moving all of my project to Netbeans for this single reason. Netbeans has superb remote development support - autosync, remote compile, even remote debug. Come on IDM, please review this!