Lost my drop-down menu?

Lost my drop-down menu?

NewbieNewbie

Oct 15, 2004#1

Don't know how or why, but I cannot see my drop-down menu list anymore. The main menu bar with the menus File, Edit, View, etc. and not the toolbar icon's.
    Anyone?

Edit some minutes later:

Well, I am not sure what happened? Most likely the main menu bar was undocked somewhere. I tried basic uninstall and reinstall, but had the same results - no drop-down menus. Then I uninstalled, deleted remaining registry keys and deleted a couple of ini and "ued*.*" files found in the Windows directory. then reinstalled UltraEdit again.

My drop-down menus reappear at the top of the page! Suspect it was the *.ini file, but by the time I realized it, I had already deleted registry entries for ultra* and IDM*.

-for what its worth

NewbieNewbie

Nov 21, 2004#2

Anyone know how to fix this issue? I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but I seem to have completely lost my drop down menu.

I have done as thorough a search as I know how on these forums and in my help files, but cannot get an answer. Is it a simple ini configuration change to get the menu back?

I left the computer with UE open, went out of my office, came back and UE was closed, the icon was removed from my bottom quickbar, and when I opened it though my start programs, there was no more drop down menu.

Help please :)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 21, 2004#3

Hi 1BCNell!

It looks like you have one or more colleagues who change your settings just for fun. You should activate a screen saver with password protection or simply lock the machine (Windows 2000, XP) every time you leave the computer. Locking the machine can be done with the key combination Win+L (Windows logo key plus L). See Keyboard shortcuts in Windows for details about Windows default shortcut keys.

To the UltraEdit problem:

Like your file tab, the menu bar is undocked and floating around, maybe outside the visible area or only a small piece of the menu bar can be seen. If possible change the monitor resolution temporary to a higher one to find the bars again.
        Or use the trick with the INI setting ControlBarsFromReg which not only restores the file tab, but also the menu bar (and all other control bars).
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Nov 21, 2004#4

THANKS!!!!

Quick 5 minute fix! My partner swears by UE, he has used it since it came out, and I absolutely love it and have used it for 2 years.

About the *accidental* docking

Yeah, unfortunately the switched settings are the fault of a MS Optical mouse rather than an overly friendly co-worker. It has a mind of its own and begins to move and clicky clicky on it's own. Not a virus mind you, just XP and the MS optical mouse issues. You'd think a MS mouse would not have these problems. Registry clean up will fix the problem, but I have been lazy and not cleaned it out and reinstalled as there are many entries to wipe. Guess it's time!!!

Thanks again very much for your help. I'm all back to happy.