Characters gets deselected when unindenting

Characters gets deselected when unindenting

NewbieNewbie

Mar 28, 2006#1

If I select a block of text and unindent it, either by pressing Shift+Tab or "Remove Indents" from the format menu, the first selected character gets deselected. I want to keep the full selection even when indenting/unindenting. Is there any way to do that?

Here's an image showing what I'm talking about:

I want the entire first selected word to stay selected even after unindenting

//Tobbe

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 29, 2006#2

If you select the entire lines especially the entire first line the effect you describe will not appear. The Remove Indents function is designed for being executed on the entire line selections.

Hint: The best graphic format for screenshots is PNG and not JPG. PNG has a lossless compression like GIF but supports also true color images like JPG. Screenshots saved in PNG format are much smaller as in JPG and have much higher quality because of the lossless compression. PNG format is supported by all applications which support image formats (browsers, office applications, graphic tools and viewers, ...).
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Power UserPower User

Mar 29, 2006#3

Mofi wrote:If you select the entire lines especially the entire first line the effect you describe will not appear. The Remove Indents function is designed for being executed on the entire line selections.
        Then, with respect Mofi, shouldn't it leave the entire first line selected, regardless of the initial selection?

My AU$0.05 (we no longer have 2c coins here in Australia - and soon the 5c will be gone! :lol: )

Paolo
        There is no such thing as an inconsistently correct system...
        Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of reaching correctness!

NewbieNewbie

Mar 30, 2006#4

Mofi wrote:The Remove Indents function is designed for being executed on the entire line selections.
          Sure, but why change what text is selected when unindenting?

NewbieNewbie

Mar 30, 2006#5

I have confirmed this behaviour in UEStudio 5.10+1. It looks like a bug to me, send email to [email protected].

NewbieNewbie

Mar 30, 2006#6

I have sent an email with a short description of the problem and a link to this thread.

Mar 31, 2006#7

I have talked to the support guys now. They answered really fast! They have promised to talk to the developers about this.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 09, 2006#8

The problem you described is solved with hotfix 3 of UE v12.00. Please download the hotfix and install it.

UE v12.00+3 now automatically expands the current selection over the complete lines when the user indents/unindents a selected block of lines. It automatically selects now also all characters to the start of the first line of the selection and if necessary also the characters to the end of the last line of the current selection when you indent or unindent a block.

That's the method PaoloFCantoni suggested.
                  Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Apr 22, 2006#9

That's great, thanks a lot :)